Saturday, March 18, 2017

Bead Hoarders Bead Soup Blog Party



Bead Hoarders Bead Soup Blog Party Update: 




   In my earlier post about the Bead Soup Bead Hoarder Party-
             https://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-soup-blog-party-bead- hoarders-edition/ 

   I had talked about how the bead hoarders party worked and how I was waiting to receive my beads from my partner, Lori in Massachusetts. At that I time I could not reveal what I sent her. We had to wait until each received our beads. I am excited that now I can show you what I have received from her and post a picture of the items that I received back. 

   I must say that this has been a very fun event. I waited in anticipation for the shipment of my beads. Upon arrival I received a nice letter that stated the type of beads that were included and the reason for her sending them.  Several of the beads and focal points she made, some she had been hoarding for a while.

   Of the beads that she sent me, some were vintage crystal beads in beautiful spring colors, wonderful focal point made from porcelain, created by Marla's Mud., and a etched copper piece.

What Lori Sent 
   Two very interesting beads were made by my partner.  They were made from poly clay. The books were very detailed on their cover and had a hole off centered a bit to give the bead a tapered look when it is stung on a chain. Very unique and they made up an interesting piece.

   The last in the set that she sent me was a copper etched plate she created. A very wonderful piece. I love the copper and metal is one of my two choices of mediums that I like to work with. I knew right away what I was going to create with this piece.

Etched Copper Piece By Lori

Poly Clay Book By Lori

   Of the things I sent, I chose to make her some copper pieces and jump rings. Near me is an old Copper Mine in the town of Copperopolis CA. http://www.calaverashistory.org/  Copperopolis  was one of the largest copper mines in the US.  It produced most of all the copper ammunition that was used during the Civil War. The mine remained in operation off and on until the mid 1930's.
   The other items I sent, was a shell focal point and some natural agate beads, a few genuine turquoise beads that I felt also represented the western feel of our area and copper accent beads.



The Copper Links and Focal Point I made





The Shell Focal  and the Shell beads I hoarded for several years.
I also sent her several turquoise beads and coordinated accents beads.

   On March 25th all the participates will be posting there creations on the bead hoarders blog!  And I will be posting to my blog, as well as to TreeseesHilltopHaven Facebook page -


So, Please Don't Forget To Check back on the reveal date!! March 25th 2107!!!




No comments: